Time to get into the spring planting! We have elephant garlic, hard to find fingerling seed potatoes. Large onion sets four different varieties.
Planted Planet 9 raspberry bushes have 9 to go. Planted 18 strawberry plants under the grape arbor, planning 2 Strawberry hanging baskets. Planeted 1 thornless blackberry bush. Also planted 2 spearmint and 2 sweet mint in the front yard. Harvested some Sassafras root and transplanted to sassafras starts.
Pipe light for livingroom
Invasive species killed off grape Arbor destroyed the rosebush killed off the Yucca plant
Garlic Parmesan Pasta
- 120ml (1/2 cup) butter
- 2 tsp. dried basil, crushed
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. seasoned salt
- 220g (8 oz.) fettuccine or angel hair pasta (cooked and drained)
- 360ml (1 1/2 cups) broccoli floweretts (cooked tender-crisp)
- 3 Tbsp. walnuts (chopped )
- fresh, grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the basil, lemon juice, garlic powder and seasoned salt, blending well.
- Add the fettuccine, broccoli, walnuts.
- Blend well and toss to coat the fettuccine.
- After tossing, add fresh grated Parmesan cheese to top off the dish.
This article uses material from the Wikibooks article “Cookbook:Garlic Parmesan Pasta“, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.
- 4 avocados
- 2 tablespoons of pico de gallo
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 chopped Jalapeño OR 2 tablespoons of crushed red pepper OR 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 minced jalapeño OR 2 minced serrano chiles OR 2 tablespoon minced of any chile pepper like (adjust for spiciness)
- Pit the avocados.
- Score avocado without cutting through the skin.
- Scoop out one avocado with a large spoon and place in mixing bowl.
- Add the lime juice and stir to evenly coat the avocados.
- Stir in the Pico de Gallo, garlic, oil, jalapeño, salt, red pepper, and black pepper, mashing and tossing the avocado pieces until thoroughly mixed.
- Then scoop out the other avocados and gently mix and toss in the larger pieces.
- The guacamole is the right consistency when more large pieces than mashed parts remain.
- Garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
This article uses material from the Wikibooks article “Cookbook:Guacamole“, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.
Spiced Pumpkin Soup
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup peeled and cubed sweet potato
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 14-oz cans of nonfat and low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1 15-oz can of pumpkin
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion for 3-4 minutes then add flour, curry, cumin and nutmeg and saute for 1 minute.
- Add sweet potato, salt, chicken broth and pumpkin and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered for about 20-25 minutes or until sweet potatoes are cooked through and softened. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes to cool.
- Place half of the pumpkin mixture in a blender and process until smooth. Using a strainer, pour soup back into pan. Repeat with rest of soup.
- Raise heat to medium then stir in milk and cook for 5 minutes or until soup is heated through.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice.
This article uses material from the Wikibooks article “Cookbook:Spiced Pumpkin Soup“, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0.